Welcome to Northside Vision, Spokane’s home for friendly modern family eye care, and custom-curated, expertly fitted eyewear. We have been a top-rated primary eye care practice since 1927, and believe every patient and optical client deserves individualized attention; state of the art care; open communication; and the best quality optical products available for a range of needs, fits, tastes, and budgets.
As with most things, COVID-19 has changed how we provide our top-quality eye care experience. Specifically, we have implemented several new procedures in the office for your safety, protection, and peace of mind… But please know you will still receive the warm welcome and friendly, caring eye care experience you’ve come to expect from Northside Vision:
1. BRING COMPLETED FORMS. Please complete all forms prior to your appointment: Simply print each of these, fill them in, and bring them with you. If you don’t have access to a printer, call us at 509-326-2772 and we will mail the forms to you.
2. PARKING LOT CHECK-IN. Call us from the parking lot when you arrive: We are now required to employ parking-lot check-ins to ensure proper social distancing. This way, we can reduce the time you spend inside the office and allow you to avoid crowded waiting room areas.
3. WEAR A MASK. All patients must wear a mask or face covering when in the office, per CDC requirements. Staff will wear masks at all times as well.
4. FLY SOLO. New rules require healthcare facilities to limit patient visitors to a maximum of one care-taker for minor patients or patients needing assistance.
5. COVID SCREENING. All staff and visitors will have their temperature checked upon entry, and are required to stay home if they have any of the following: Fever, respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath), exposure to COVID and/or quarantine status; fatigue; body aches; or flu-like symptoms. When in doubt, please reschedule.
6. ONLINE PURCHASES. To help you maximize social-distancing opportunities, Northside Vision now makes its full line of carefully curated eyewear available for on-line browsing and virtual try-on , so your favorite frames will be waiting for you when you arrive! You will still get your custom-fitting and expert advice from our opticians and can browse our optical in-person, but this exciting new technology offers you a chance to browse from home and to share your frame ideas with family and friends before visiting our optical showroom. We also now offer competitively-priced contact lens re-orders, delivered to your home, as well as a wide variety of quality eye-health products, custom-selected by Dr. Fairborn.
Thanks so much for your on-going support of our local family-owned practice: We have worked hard to earn the Five-Star ratings our patients and optical clients have given us and will continue to earn your high marks too! So if you and your family need state of the art, modern eye care for vision examinations or eye health issues (including glaucoma, diabetes, dry eye, LASIK, cataracts, red eye, allergies, or myopia control), we would be honored to work with you. And our kind optical experts would love to help you find those “just right” eyeglasses for all your vision (and fashion!) needs in a quiet, peaceful setting. Schedule now.
Comprehensive Eye Care. Custom Eye Wear.
Northside Vision has been serving the Spokane community since 1927. If you are looking for a friendly, experienced team of experts dedicated to providing you with convenient, high-quality eye care, and you want custom crafted, curated eye wear, contact us today!
Meet Our Doctor
Dr. Chris Fairborn
Dr. Fairborn earned his Doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley School of Optometry. He has undergraduate degrees from UC Berkeley and from the California State University and is Board Certified. His patients find him to be friendly and attentive, with an easy-going manner.
In addition to his extensive eyecare education, Dr. Fairborn is also a lawyer and licensed patent attorney: His interest in technology shows in the extensive deployment of the newest eyecare innovations to provide you the most advanced eyecare experience.